Fasteners Manufacturing Specifications
- ASTM - Originally known as the American Society for Testing and Materials, was formed over a century ago, and is now one of the largest voluntary standards development organizations in the world, and is a trusted source for technical standards for materials, products, systems, and services. Known for their high technical quality and market relevancy, ASTM International standards have an important role in the information infrastructure that guides design, manufacturing and trade in the global economy.
- AMS - Aerospace Materials Specifications (AMS and metric version MAM)
- ASME - American Society of Mechanical Engineers is one of the oldest and most respected standards developing organizations (SDO) in the world. It produces and maintains approximately 600 codes and standards, covering a multitude of technical areas including boiler components, elevators, hand tools, fasteners, and machine tools to name just a few.
- FF-S-85 - Federal Specifications for Screws, Cap, Slotted and Hexagon Head
- FF-S-86 - Federal Specifications for Screws, Cap, Socket Head.
- FF-S-92 - Federal Specifications for Machine Screws.
- MIL-S-1222 - Military Specifications for Studs, Bolts, Hex Cap Screws, and Nuts.
- MIL-DTL-1222 - Military Specifications for Studs, Bolts, Screws, and Nuts for Applications Where A High Degree of Reliability is Required.